Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Getting the Best Cruise Deals!!!
Many travelers are often misled about "promotional advertising" and "special discounts" that may appear in newspapers or direct mail advertising. Here's the scoop in what it all means.
- 50% -80% off the Second Passenger. This relates to cruise lines offering a 25% -40% per person discount on a specific sailing.
- Early Booking Discounts. Cruise lines offer discounts for booking early. The cruise brochure will feature names like "Breakthrough Rates". "Super Savers", "Love Boat Savers", which designates that there will be an upfront discount for booking early.
- 2-for-1 or Second Passenger Sails Free. Highly promoted and one of the best discounts available to consumers. Basically, this means 50% off per person on the full cruise fare.
- Added Value. On select sailing's cruise lines will offer promotions such as free cabin upgrades, shipboard credits, pre or post hotel accommodations, free shore excursions. Special reduced airfares are a popular inducement to book early.
- Senior Citizen Specials. Very popular with all cruise lines. One person in cabin must be at least 55 years or older to receive discounts.
- Reduced Rate or Free Air Add-ons. All cruise lines offer special reduced airfares in conduction with their cruises. Special promotions on select sailings may include Free Air or special discounts for Business Class airfare.
- Group Discounts. Clubs, associations, family reunions, incentive and corporate meetings can take advantage of special group fares for booking as little as five cabins. Excellent way to earn a free cruise depending upon number of cruisers.
- Repositioning Cruises. Substantial savings are available on ships that reposition from the Caribbean to Europe or Alaska and back again. Leisure itineraries and extended stays at sea make repositioning cruises very popular.
- Alumni Discounts. To reward past cruisers and appreciation of loyalty to the cruise line, Alumni discounts offer additional savings over promotional cruise fares.
- Credit Card Promotions. American Express, Visa, MasterCard offer continuous promotions with all the major cruise lines. Discounts can be in the form of up front savings, cabin upgrades, and Ship Board Credits.
When speaking with one of our Cruise Consultants, you will be advised of any specials or additional discounts that apply to your sailing. Our goal is to give our clients the very best deal available. Please note that all discounts vary based by cruise line.